Therapies: Massage Therapy
What is Massage Therapy?
There are many types of massage therapy and in all of them, therapists press, rub, and otherwise manipulate the superficial and deeper layers of muscle and other soft tissues of the body, often varying pressure and movement. Massage therapists mostly use their hands and fingers, but may use their forearms, elbows, or even feet. Typically, the objective is to relax the soft tissues, increase delivery of blood and oxygen to the massaged areas, warm them, and if the client is experiencing pain, to reduce or eliminate it. Also, massage therapy aids in the healing process and promotes relaxation and well-being.
Our massage therapists are very experienced and have many clients who have been loyal to them for years. They will spend a short time before each treatment to ask you about yourself and your needs so that they can give you a personalised treatment to suit your specific requirements. They offer many different types of massage depending on your particular requirements.
Massage styles offered include
- Sports massage – to treat and prevent sport and non-sport injuries
- Trigger point therapy – a powerful remedy for many painful conditions
- Holistic massage – the ultimate indulgence to aid relaxation and relieve stress
- Reflexology – stimulates reflex points in the feet to aid the body’s healing process
- Indian Head Massage – treats shoulders, neck, face and scalp to relieve stress. Contact us to book an appointment or read through the links below to see if you have a preferred therapist you would like to see.